Chris Buechler wrote:
This isn't something I have the time to work on right now, but I'll give
you as many pointers as I can (which isn't much when it comes to kernel
debugging) if you want to dig into it.

Thanks!

Scott built this iso for debugging an issue on a Dell 2850 server, but
it should work equally well for debugging on anything.  Should just be a
standard image with the debug tools.

Thanks!
Can't find any such debugging tools, though.
find / -name ddb
find / -name gdb
both yield nothing.

As far as how to go about doing this, I recommend:

http://www.lemis.com/grog/Papers/Debug-tutorial/

Thanks!

Once you get to the debug prompt, the main thing, I believe, is to run
'bt'

It doesn't seem to break into a debugger when it panics - perhaps
debug_on_panic is not set per default on the kernel Scott made.

I'm assuming here that one can set BSD sysctl variables to some value
when making a kernel, is that right?

I've tried poking sequences like \n~# and +++++ onto the serial port,
but it never responds with a debugger :-/..

(I hope the debugger is in-kernel, because it never gets as far as
initializing the disk, so won't help much if it's userland.)

More hints? :)