Hi Sai,

Yes, from Internet --> pfSense ----> Netscreen ----> Lan, DMZ,

For DMZ internal server, it is still ok to use static route. the traffic can be
routed in only using one layer port mapping from PFSENSE instead of two layer
of port mapping, however, for LAN, static route is not recommended because of
port mapping is still preference for security concern, please correct me if i
am wrong

My main concern is , i do have one  OPENVPN server (IPCOP)sitting after the
netscreen firewall which is using port mapping method, the authentication is
taken place after going through the netscreen with allow port 1194, let me
explain my existing senario and workflow, from Internet --> pfSense ---->
Netscreen ----> Cisco core switch 4507R------>VLAN server farm( IPCOP OPEN
VPN), it is how my remote user like senior manager, CEO get access to company
resource. below is the option for your review,

Solution 1) Actually, i am thinking to replace my netscreen firewall to IPCOP(
we called it IPCOP A), and migrate the exisiting OPEN VPN policy from the box
to IPCOP A, that would be centralize as whole, with the new workflow, from
Internet --> pfSense ----> IPCOP A plus OPEN VPN---------> LAN in multi vlan

Solution 2) Alternatively, pfSense ----> Netscreen ----> Cisco core
switch--------> VLAN server farm( OPENVPN), but it is require two layer of port
mapping.

Solution 3) Pfsense-------> Pfsense with OPENVPN-------> LAN in multi vlan

if i pick the solution 2, that would be easier for the implementation,  i still
can sustain the netscreen and OPENVPN box and just concentrate on PFSENSE in
front end and port mapping, but, what is the impact of two layer of port
mapping, the reason is, migrating OPEN VPN policy and replacing a firewall is a
nightmare. now, i am struggling to the implementation of PFSENSE because of the
impact reflected to the whole network infracstructure, please advice me if i am
wrong,

Please let me know if i am confusing you, i can explain it in more detail,
Thank you.

CE Ang