Hello,

We just configured pfsense as a RADIUS client for a Microsoft IAS
(Windows 2003), in order to provide some hotspot-like WLAN environment.

On the matching IAS access profile, we specified PAP as authentication
type, and confirmed several times that the shared secret is right.

Authentication requests are passed on to IAS alright - but IAS event id
2, reason code 16 (unknown username / password) are logged all the time,
even if the user/password combinations are 100% correct.

The usernames are recognized - no matter whether entered as <username>,
but the credentials are judged incorrect by IAS.

What am I missing here? Do I have to flag the Message Authenticator, for
RADIUS?

>> I followed the tutorial on
http://pfsense.loquefaltaba.com/tutorials/cp_config/radius_win2k3.htm
precisely, but can't find any hints on authentication/encryption...

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,
Markus Strickler

********************
Legal Notice:
The information in this electronic transmission may contain confidential or
legally privileged information and is intended solely for the individual(s)
named above. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent,
you are hereby notified that reading, distributing, or otherwise
disseminating, copying or taking any action based on the contents of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this
transmission is illegal under law. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender by telephone [at the number indicated above/
on +41 44 928 0101] as soon as possible and then destroy all copies of this
transmission.