From: Fabricio Ferreira [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mittwoch, 25. April 2007 21:13
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: RES: [pfSense Support] RE: Using pfsense together with Microsoft IAS

Hi Markus and Christian,

I had the same problems weeks ago...(including the same error messages) I just
configured the PFSENSE CAPTIVE PORTAL and SQUID to authenticate at IAS (windows
2003), After a painfull check-up, i found that.. It was the IAS POLICY that was
wrong.. Both, captive portal and SQUID, send authentication information to IAS
in PAP format with no encryption at all  :( So i just changed some features at
IAS POLICY and it worked!

Things to check at Microsoft IAS:

1. At IAS-> RADIUS CLIENT: be sure that you have the PFSENSE IP address here!
2. at IAS, after creating the PFSENSE address, enter in the properties of it
and check if the CLIENT VENDOR is set to use RADIUS STANDARD. I'm supposing
that your shared-key is OK, as you said...
3. at IAS, REMOTE ACCESS POLICY, check at the AUTHENTICATION TAB if Unencrypted
authentication is lit.
4. at IAS, at the ENCRYPTION TAB, check if the NO ENCRYPTION is Lit.

Well, i hope it can help you guys...

Sincerely,

Hugs.

Fabrício Guzzy.

|||| Fabrício Ferreira ||||
Espec. T.I. e Segurança Digital.
MCP* - Microsoft Certified Professional ConnectCom - São Paulo - Brasil
Tel: (011) 5095-1234
Cel: (011) 9937-6605
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
O conteúdo deste documento está restrito ao interesse das partes e não devera
ser divulgado,transcrito ou modificado sem a autorização do seu emitente.
The content of this document is restricted to the interest of the parts and can
not be divulged,transcript or modified without the authorization of the sender