-Sean

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:59:31 +1200From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Re: [pfSense Support] LAN / WAN Disconnections continue in 1.2-RC1,
Intel Pro/1000GT NICs with 370M

is it an actual disconnect between the LAN and WAN interface or is it that the
WAN interface becomes unresponsive? if its an internal disconnect you should
still be able to ping an outside source from the firewall even if systems on
the LAN cant. if its the WAN interface itself, nothing would respond.

>From memory I can ping the cable modem from the LAN and still view its page,
>but that is as far as it will go.  I'll check these again next time it happens
>sometime in the next two weeks!  Pretty sure I can no longer ping the WAN's
>static IP from the Net (Having created an allow ping rule) and the pfSense
>ping page does not get responses from anything on the net beyond the cable
>modem.    Is that internal?
are you sure you are running the correct MTU settings on the interface?
Using default setting here.  Not aware they are not standard, but will check
with the ISP.

I suspect the ISP is doing something funny, but even if so pfSense should
remain immune to it?

I can def see why you would want to run TCPDump on the box now.

Thanks Sean!Kind regardsDavid Hingston ----- Original Message -----