R. Th. Boots wrote:
Chris Buechler wrote:
R. Th. Boots wrote:

The problem is indeed that none of your configurations show up in the web interface of pfsense and that you are also not able to create any firewall rules on those interfaces.

IPv6 support exists in the HEAD development tree, but it'll probably be 2009 before that becomes a release version. That'll be the release after the 1.3 release.

Is there any way to get that speeded up? Is it a testing issue or something else that is holding up this feature?

It's a lack of interest, and lack of testing ability. None of the developers have an IPv6 network or Internet connection, nor do we have any reason for such in the foreseeable future.

The code is largely done, it's just a matter of somebody doing extensive testing and fixing bugs, and the branch that it's in won't make release version for a long time.

This isn't suitable for a paid development project because it wouldn't speed getting it into a stable release version unless someone wants to drop enough money that we can hire full time development staff to really push the release cycles. I don't see that happening, but if somebody wants to send us 7 figures, feel free to email me. :)