Hi there,

I've got a couple of HL-463 boxes that I've been trying out. They both
came with pfsense 1.2-RC4 installed. They work well for the most part,
however, I have found a reproducable flaw that makes them very crippled.
Hopefully it's resolvable, and I doubt it was fixed in between RC4 and
RELEASE.

So, the first box would reboot every few hours, and when I left a console
in place, I found it to be consistently as a result of:

panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: cc5b2000

It's always cc5b2000. So, I suggested to Herologic that we might have a
bad unit, and they agreed, and are supposed to ship a new one on Monday.
However, when I swapped the units and put the other HL-463 in it's place,
it's rebooting with the same exact address.

After it panics, it complains about not having a dump device. I'd like to
enable one so we can figure out what's crashing it. However, I don't have
a CF interface around, so I can't upgrade the image or create a dump
device. Could anybody suggest a cheap, functioning flash reader that
preferrably works with FreeBSD?

Anybody else experience this or have any theories?

BTW, some details about the platform:

CPU: Geode(TM) Integrated Processor by National Semi (332.04-MHz 586-class CPU)
  Origin = "Geode by NSC"  Id = 0x552  Stepping = 2
  Features=0x80a13d<FPU,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,CX8,PGE,CMOV,MMX>
real memory  = 259784704 (247 MB)
avail memory = 244793344 (233 MB)

rl0, rl1, rl2 are: <RealTek 8139 10/100BaseTX>

ad1: 977MB <SanDisk SDCFB-1024 HDX 4.04> at ata0-slave PIO4

Filesystem             Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ufs/pfSense       111M     58M     44M    57%    /
devfs                  1.0K    1.0K      0B   100%    /dev
/dev/md0                38M     46K     35M     0%    /tmp
/dev/md1                19M    5.1M     12M    29%    /var
/dev/ufs/pfSenseCfg    1.8M    456K    1.2M    26%    /cf
devfs                  1.0K    1.0K      0B   100%    /var/dhcpd/dev

Thanks,
Andy

---
Andy Dills