going back a few weeks ago when i posted my issues getting to subaru.com.. i came across another site that i could not get to behind pfsense(cisco.com). i installed squid proxy and then i was able to get to subaru.com and cisco.com

to refresh your memory, there are no rules blocking traffic on port 80, i'm on a cable modem, when on a shell on the firewall i can always telnet over port 80 to subaru.com but i cannot from my client machines. the client sends a syn but never receives the syn/ack from the firewall. however, the firewall does in fact get the syn/ack back from the webserver.

finally to my question, what are you thoughts as to why the proxy being installed solved my issue?

best,

-phil