Ugo Bellavance wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem on a PfSense 1.2-RELEASE, running on a P4 1.4, Hard-drive install, 1 GB RAM. WAN is vr0 and Lan (vlan0, vlan1 and vlan2) is on fxp0. WAN is auto-sense, and ends up 100baseTX (half-duplex, I guess) and fxp0 is 100basetx <full-duplex>. vr0 is connected directly into the ISP's equipment, which is a Cisco switch.

It's running BandwidthD and traffic shaping. It is connected to 100-mbps link from an ISP, capped at 30 mbps.

Average traffic in a day is 4.23mbps down, 2.44 mbps, historical maximum of 13.86 up and 9.62 down (not simultaneously).

The cpu usage averages 34%, memory usage 30%. Most CPU usage seems to be coming from interrupt: 21.69% average. System : 6.86,nice : 2.36, User 2.21.

They're experiencing performance problems since they upgraded from 15 mbps to 30 mbps. I tried forcing vr0 to be full-duplex, but the connection dropped, I had to reboot the firewall (I wasn't on site).

It for an uptime of 11h, it currently reads 0/86 in/out errors, and 1699614 collisions. That doesn't soud right. The number of collisions is increasing continuously.

Ah, and also I have some packet losses. According to the "Quality RRD graph", I have quite a few red lines.

Have a look at the attachment.

Thanks,

Ugo

<<inline: status_rrd_graph_img.png>>