Paul Mansfield a écrit :
Ugo Bellavance wrote:
running on a P4 1.4, Hard-drive install, 1 GB RAM.  WAN is vr0 and Lan
(vlan0, vlan1 and vlan2) is on fxp0. WAN is auto-sense, and ends up
100baseTX (half-duplex, I guess) and fxp0 is 100basetx <full-duplex>.
1699614 collisions.  That doesn't soud right.  The number of collisions
is increasing continuously.

if you set duplex manually you'll probably need to set speed manually on
pfsense too, otherwise as soon as it's non-auto and the ends mismatch
one will probably drop to 10 half dupe!

ISPs like to fix speeds on everything, their NOC engineers tend to be,
surprisingly, very old fashioned :-(

I know... I never experienced a problem with auto-negociation with my equipment, and I think that fixinig it causes more problem than anything but eh...

In fact, I tried fixing it on the PfSense (the client asked me to try...), without changing the switch (on which I have no control). But if my PfSense is choosing 100basetx half, does that mean that the switch is auto-sense? Just curious.

Thanks,