Guys,

I'm really desperate:(
Last week I replaced the Intel Dual NIC with a new one of the same kind
(82546GB).
For a week of low load (6kpps on average) I never saw a single error on the
interfaces, but yesterday came the high load and it happened again.
So I'm totally out of ideas.

The main problem remains: the minute I get high load (about 14-18kpps,
250000 states, 120Mb traffic), the em0 and em1 taskq processes lock on 100%
each and the website becomes unresponsive or very slow. I also started to
see errors on the interfaces again. The moment I release some of that load -
everything is back to normal.
Just to remind you, my hardware is IBM x335 server, 2 x Xeon 3.06GHz CPU,
2GB RAM, Intel Dual NIC PCI-X.
By the way, the total CPU load I see at these situations is 40-50%. It's a
SMP setup, so the taskq processes lock the 2 out of 4 CPUs available.
Should I go on and mess with em drivers? What should I change there if so?

Please, please help!

Lenny.