Bill Marquette wrote:

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Lenny <five2one.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm kind of desperate here, so please try to help me.

Here's my problem:

I have a setup in production (a very dynamic website).

It consists of pfsense-->Alteon Load Balancer-->IBM Bladecenter(with a
Squids cluster on it).

pfsense is installed on IBM x335 with 2 Xeon 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, and Dual Intel
NIC PCI-X 1Gb.

I'm connected with 1Gb to the ISP.

The problem is that no matter what I do, I can't get more than 15kpps.

After that I start to get a lot of packet loss.

Check sysctl net.inet.ip.intr_queue_drops and raise
net.inet.ip.intr_queue_maxlen if it's non-zero.

Also check net.isr.drop.

The intel driver has some debugging also under the dev.em sysctl I believe.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Actually I wrote in the original post that I already checked "queue_maxlen" and it is zero.
Now I also checked the net.isr.drop and it's also zero.
regarding the intel driver, do you really think it can be the problem, because I had the same problems
with broadcom cards as well...

thanks,
Lenny.