On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 2:04 PM, RB <aoz....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know why, but I don't see anyone in this thread (including
> myself) suggesting enabling device polling.  That generally seems to
> be the interweb solution to taskq lock with high PPS.

Based on what I've seen in the FreeBSD list threads describing this
problem, it doesn't help. In the FreeBSD 4.x days polling was better
than it's been in 5.x through 7.x. It considerably reduces throughput,
the only real benefit currently is if you have undersized hardware
that can get killed by the interrupt load, it keeps the web interface
and SSH responsive when it otherwise wouldn't be. That's largely only
applicable to really slow (sub-300 MHz) systems though.

This isn't a case of undersized hardware though, so it's different.
Might be worth trying just to see what happens, but I doubt if it'll
resolve it.