in. I have tried both 1.2-RELEASE and 1.2.2 (both embedded), >and both
behave the same way.

>       On the serial console, I will see the following:
>       re4: watchdog timeout
>       re4: watchdog timeout
>       ....etc
>
>       If I change the LAN interface to re1, the same thing happens, except
on the serial console I will see:
>       re1: watchdog timeout
>       re1: watchdog timeout
>       ...etc

I had a similar issue while I was working on a few X500/700 whatever boxes
last week.  I know people suggest that various low end switches produce this
error, but I had no switch in the mix.

I was going direct to a desktop and was getting it.  It was a home made
looking cable.  As soon as I plugged in one of our prefab cables it went
away.   Try and switch out the ethernet cable.

Let us know.   I have 5 of these boxes in the corner of my office. 3 of
which I am planning on deploying in the next two weeks.

Andrew