Ryan Rodrigue

Office: (985) 876-4096
Fax: (985) 853-0134

-----Original Message-----
From: Dimitri Rodis [mailto:dimit...@integritasystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:47 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: RE: [pfSense Support] Can captive portal authenticate based on
windows login

Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA Server), and you
need to have AD.

I've used it, but only in this particular case. I do not know of anything in
the open source world that works reliably specifically the way you want it
to. (That is not to say that nothing exists, I just may not know about it).
With respect to ISA, there is a client installation (aka Firewall Client)
that is required to make the authentication transparent--without it, it
would work just like pfSense would-- with RADIUS against AD, and the user
would have to enter credentials manually.

Dimitri Rodis
Integrita Systems LLC
http://www.integritasystems.com

Thanks a bunch.  This Really helps.  I have ISA, but never even installed
it.  I thought it was just a firewall.  Thank you again for your help, Ryan.

>Without seeing the CP screen, automatically logging them in with Windows
credentials, no. You can authenticate them on.
>the CP screen with RADIUS using their Windows credentials to IAS on a
Windows Server DC (if you're using AD).

I kinda thought that was the case.  Thank you for your help Chris.  Do you
know of anything that might do this?

http://www.eset.com