I agree completely.

What we were using it for is all our wired clients and wireless *were*
on the same internal lan. The captive portal was enabled on the LAN
interface. All wired clients had mac-bypass entries, and the wireless
clients had to get past the captive portal.

What I'm thinking is that I will have to investigate some sort of
rouge detection, or maybe network access protection for the wired
clients, and then completely separate the wireless traffic on another
interface.

I'm still interested though in anyone out there with large numbers of
mac-bypass entries. Any takers?

Cheers,

P.S. Chris/PFsense team, I am consistently impressed by this product.
You guys do very good work, and my team and I appreciate your efforts
immensely. The coding is important, but the community support is above
and beyond!