Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.
Anyway, I found it very interesting that the new snapshots have yandex
driver in them, so I decided to try it.
Of course, as I don't have the new server yet, I had to try on my old IBM
x335.

But here are a couple of things that wouldn't let me try it:
with 2 SCSI hard drives in RAID 1 (LSI controller), it would always give an
error and reboot in 15 sec. If I take out 1 drive - it would boot, but then
get stuck on "configuring wan interface" for a long time and then reboot.
It's not connected, but previous pfSense versions had no problems with it.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Lenny.

P.S. we don't have eval-systems, so I'll have to take the risk and buy a cat
in the sack.