On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Tebano
epaminonda<l_epa_m_ino...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've 2 isp with 2 different IP and routers.
> So I've configured 2 pfsense in load balance and with carp between them
> (internal and external, so I always has a single IP to manage with routes
> and nats).
> All works perfectly, if all ISP are working, or if I detach the WAN2-isp
> connection.
>
> But if I try to detach the first one, no-one is able to connect to the
> external of pfsense;
> the same pfsenses aren't able to connect to the internet.
>
> I see (correctly!), into the "load balance" status that only half of
> monitored IP are reachble, but if I try to traceroute them, or something
> else, connection fails.

You have something wrong with your policy routing rules, or something.
Traffic from the firewall itself will not follow those rules, and will
be down when your WAN is down. Generally that's no big deal as nothing
is initiated from the firewall other than traffic that you direct
appropriately via static routes (DNS servers).