On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Chris Buechler <c...@pfsense.org> wrote:

> Is it really a gateway address, i.e. they have it assigned on their
> router, or are they actually routing you the entire IP block? Ideally
> it will be the latter, they can and should be routing additional space
> to one of your existing addresses. Then you can setup the full subnet
> on an internal interface or VLAN without any ARP, or use it in
> combination with NAT using Other VIPs. If they insist on having the
> gateway IP on their equipment (they shouldn't, I would refuse that if
> it were my ISP), you're probably stuck bridging an internal interface
> or VLAN to WAN, though proxy ARP might work depending on how they have
> things setup.

> Commercial support available - https://portal.pfsense.org

Part of the problem is that I am not exactly sure how they are delivering
the IPs. The ISP is Charter. I purchased from them a "static 5 pack" which
is a /29 routed subnet according to them. Here is what they sent me (I
replaced the actual numbers):
"Ok got the 5pack on the router:

IP 66.188.xx.b to .c

*Subnet 255.255.255.248
Gateway 66.188.xx.a"*
I am going to ask that technician about it tomorrow and see what exactly he
configured. Just to recap though, that IP info above doesn't line up with
the ranges from my other subnet. The info for the other subnet has a
different "Gateway" address than that one.