On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Jesse Vollmar<vollm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> after googling this for a while, I'm not finding any clear instructions for
> doing this. I currently have a multi-wan scenario with failover configured.
> I just purchased another static IP block from one of the ISPs and they are
> now routing those to me (so they say). I would like to use this new subnet
> in concurrence with my old subnet, both on the same interface (OPT1). The
> subnets do not share the same gateway. What is the proper way to configure
> this?

Depends on exactly how they're routing them to you, and how you want
to use them. If you want to use them with NAT, and you aren't using
CARP, just add them as Other VIPs. IPs that are routed to you do not
need ARP. If you're using CARP, add them as Other VIPs and make sure
the ISP is routing that new subnet to a CARP VIP.

If you want to directly assign the public IPs on inside systems, add
another interface for the new subnet, whether physical or VLAN (this
has nothing to do with the ISP, it's your internal network).
Alternatively you can put both subnets on the same inside interface,
but I would avoid that.
http://doc.pfsense.org/multiple-subnets-one-interface-pfsense.pdf