Also keep in mind that pf evaluates the state table before any rules, and if
there's a remaining state for the IP address it will still have access even
if you add a block rule.  You need to kill any remaining states for that IP
after adding the rule, and I'm not sure if pf does this automagically.

toss up your ruleset and NAT tables on a pastebin and I'll have a look at
them.   I'm assuming the malicious IP is external.  Seems like a silly
question, but you'd be surprised.