Jim Pingle wrote:
> Curtis Maurand wrote:
>> Check this one out.  It should work just fine.  Very inexpensive.
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101262
>>

> I mentioned that one elsewhere in the thread. Three of them just arrived
> in my office and I'm getting ready to test them out. :-)
>
> First cool observation, they actually have an internal USB port. Not
> just pins, but a real port. There are some really tiny USB flash drives
> that could be used to run these with (cheap) solid state media.

A couple more things after some tinkering.

Picture of the mainboard:
http://twitpic.com/lr2tc

It's got 4x SATA connectors and 1x PATA, though there isn't really room
in the case for more than 1 3.5" drive (or 2x2.5" with an optional
bracket, I hear).

2 USB ports on the back, but headers for 5 more inside plus an actual
internal USB connector (mentioned above)

A second internal COM port header (there is a knockout for a 25-pin
connector on the back, too)

There is a molex power connector on the mainboard (male) labeled "For
Device power only".

Looks like a few extra fan headers if they're needed (probably not)

dmesg output:
http://pastebin.com/f22413e10

Power draw, according to my Kill-a-Watt:
 Drive spin-up: 48w
 Booting: 33w/0.33a with occasional bumps to 36w
 Idle:  32w/0.33a
 When powered off and plugged in, it draws 1w/0.04a

Haven't been able to do any load testing yet.

Jim