On 16/10/09 16:41, Eugen Leitl wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 04:35:07PM +0100, Paul Mansfield wrote:

I built a box with a jetway atom board and triple intel gigE daughter
board - search the mail archives - pfSense booted fine and detected the
onboard realtek as re0 and the intels as em0 to em2.

Are you happy with it so far? Throughput benchmarks?

erm, well, actually, I am using it as a multi-homed linux machine, so I can't say, but I do get very good network throughput.

it's been 100% stable since I fired it up and performance has been pretty good - better than the Athlon Barton XP2500 (underclocked to an XP1500 for power saving) it replaced.

I wasn't able to use the efficient power supply that I bought for the project, it's using quite an old one (maybe 50% efficient?) that fits that microatx case... the APC UPS tells me it's eating about 78kVA, so with a decent PSU I'd guess it'd be about 50W.

the old Athlon Barton XP2500 was eating about 175kVA.