Ron García-Vidal wrote:
I realize this is a support forum, so if there is a better place to post this, I will take it there.

So, I'm trying to get a pfsense box in the shop because I've enjoyed working with it on my own setup. The boss is fairly open-minded and open to a healthy discussion on the topic, but in the end, he wants to know why this would be preferable to a Cisco solution.

Since I've never worked extensively with Cisco, can someone give me a few salient points to throw at him. I already used the cost argument, he wants more.

Thanks.

I think it's better to start with providing of what you expect from 'firewall in shop'. In what way are you going to use this firewall? what functionality/bandwidth do you need?

Evgeny.