On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Ron García-Vidal <r...@millburncorp.com> wrote:

> Since I've never worked extensively with Cisco, can someone give me a few
> salient points to throw at him. I already used the cost argument, he wants
> more.

The support for PFSense is top notch. Between the mailing list and the
forums I can't recall a single question gone unanswered, or a bug
unaddressed.

I've also seen Cisco equipment die, at which point you are dependant
on Cisco to ship a replacement part. With PFSense's ability to run on
a variety of hardware, you can choose your components and have a
variety on hand in case of failure. Incidentally, this feature also
makes it easy to upgrade.

That's what I like about it. Oh, and the fact that it's open source is
big with me, although that may or may not resonate with your boss.

db