It would be neat to have a cron job reporting certain parameters conveying
how a pfsense is running. I use to work at a company managing a hundred and
a quarter FreeBSD appliances and we had a custom Control Center webpage
where we could track all machines easily.

As I recall, this is what it had:
a.  Cron job running reporting once an hour or upon demand
b.  multiple parameters - disk space, cpu usage, memory usage, packets lost
across in a row (fitting the width of a screen), if the machine is up,
interface status, temperatures...
c.  If a certain parameter crossed a limit, it would show as color coded,
yellow or red
d.  Click to get more info - like dmesg, disk usage, uptime
e.  Click heading to sort
f.  One machine = one row. We could see 20 or so machines on a screen.
Machines in "red" got sorted to the top and yellow below them. We could put
machine status to "sleep" for some time - meaning they did not show up and
clutter the screen. Like when a machine is off-line and we know it is turned
off and is no big deal.
g.  We could add notes on what we did to that machine and when
h.  The page would refresh every few minutes.

The setup was quite simple - a postgresql database on our network getting
data or doing queries via ODBC/JDBC. Then our web application pulled and
displayed the status to the webpage Control Center. I was involved in
speccing out our requirements but did not do any back-end coding - So I am
not very sure how the database spoke with each machine.

Mehma
===