From: Trevor Benson [mailto:tben...@a-1networks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:38 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] pfsense 1.23 rc3 - ipsec VPN dies
randomly, but stays active in the overview

Is there a reason your still running RC3 instead of the final 1.2.3
release?  RC's shouldn't be considered stable production releases
however many people use them in production for testing.  I had quirks in
1.2.3 RC2&3 but would have rolled back to 1.2.2 if I wanted stability
instead of testing the newer release.  Try upgrading to 1.2.3, setup the
internal IP to ping to keep the tunnel alive.  Also are you using DPD or
not?

--
Trevor Benson
dCAP, LPIC-1, CLA, Network+, MCP, CNA