Op 26/05/2010 17:37, Trevor Benson schreef:
Is there a reason your still running RC3 instead of the final 1.2.3 release?  RC's
shouldn't be considered stable production releases however many people use them in
production for testing.  I had quirks in 1.2.3 RC2&3 but would have rolled back
to 1.2.2 if I wanted stability instead of testing the newer release.  Try upgrading
to 1.2.3, setup the internal IP to ping to keep the tunnel alive.  Also are you
using DPD or not?
Trevor, this error was in the RC release indeed.
But I am seeing this also in the normal release... I am running release versions on all ends now... (almost 4 months I think).

However, I have replaced a rogue situation, where a DLINK sat behind a NAT router... which did IPSEC vpn through NAT. For some (unknow) reason the DLINK router wouldn't want to make a PPPoE connection, so I had to configure this NAT situation there ! Now when I have replaced this situation with a PFSENSE, using an Alix board - it seems that the issue is resolved for now... just have to wait for a couple more days/weeks, to really be sure about this ofcourse :)

I still have one location, with this bizarre NAT situation - If the problem keeps coming from those, I bet that replacing this unit with a PFSENSE too, that my problems will vanish :) In fact, this is always true, when replacing one end, you'd better replace all the other ends as well... IPSEC seems to behave really odd when two different vendors are in place... (which shouldn't be, but is)

Anyway, I will repost when the issue occurs between two PFSENSE's :) (but reading all the other posts, I guess this will not happen)