To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] PFSENSE 2.0

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Jeppe Øland <jol...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Vick Khera <vi...@khera.org> wrote:
none of the devices on which I run embedded even *have* VGA, so I disagree.
If you have a full system, just run the full release.

I know the embedded version tries to write as little as possible on
the drive in order to increase the longevity of CF cards etc.
Does the full version do this?

No, it's not relevant on hard drives.

In other words, *don't* run the full version on embedded hardware :-)

Some people do, I know of systems running full installs on CF for
years with no trouble (I also know of people killing the CF in a
matter of months). If you care about the life of your CF, yeah I
wouldn't recommend it. I would never do it on a critical system.