----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Buechler" <cbuech...@gmail.com>
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] multi-wan, multi-lan security

Doing VLANs properly all on one switch is probably pretty safe if done
right (biggest risk in those kind of setups is accidental
misconfiguration). I wouldn't do it though, managed switches are too
cheap to not physically segment your internal and external networks.

Hi Chris,

Do you mind if I ask you re-express the last sentence please, ("I wouldn't do it though, managed switches are too cheap to not physically segment your internal and external networks. ") I am having trouble gleaning what I think is your intended meaning. Too cheap doesn't seem an adequate justification in itself, if that is what you intend?