we have done many a /22 using pfsense with ease - even running bgp.

Reason I suggest maybe having them stay on pfsense in this case is - if they
are asking this question - they might be completely lost in Cisco Land.

I have recently moved to using vyatta first - their paid product is great -
opensource lacks support imho

I agree w/ you if you have the experience however ;-) using cisco or something
similar