On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Chris Buechler <cbuech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Fuchs, Martin
> <martin.fu...@trendchiller.com> wrote:
>> I run pfsense 1.2.3 and use 4 ipsec tunnels with dynamic endpoints.
>>
>> Everything works fine, but when one endpoint continuously gets a new WAN-IP
>> due to numerous reconnects, raccoon stops working and has to be started
>> manually…
>
> Probably because DPD doesn't work entirely correctly in that version
> of ipsec-tools, it does in the newest version that's now in 2.0
> snapshots.

Is this the relevant ticket? http://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/1256

Has the fix been checked in to 2.0 yet?  We occasionally see issues
with VPNs dropping after network drops and may want to do some testing
with the latest snapshots...

BTW Martin - how are you using dynamic endpoints for IPsec w/pfSense?
I didn't think that was possible...

-Dave