I run pfsense 1.2.3 and use 4 ipsec tunnels with dynamic endpoints.

Everything works fine, but when one endpoint continuously gets a new WAN-IP due to numerous reconnects, raccoon stops working and has to be started manually…

Can anyone confirm this issue ?

I have the same issue; and almost all my endpoints are pfsenses too on a dynamic ADSL connection. I now have built in some tricks to make racoon work a little bit more stable :

1. the endpoints have a built-in restart at 4 AM (our provider restarts PPPoE on 36 hours, which makes it disconnect each and every 1,5 days), so I have setup pfSense to do the restarting. 2. I restart the racoon service on the central pfSense machine at 4:15 AM using a cronjob.

And then hope for the best :)
This helped me come through the day, as before I had to restart racoon at least each and every 3 days... this has become a weekly task or longer from time to time now.

Regards,
Michel