From: David Burgess <apt....@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 15:52:32
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Subject: Re: AW: [pfSense Support] Re: Intel Gigabit - em0: Watchdog Timeout
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Kevin Tollison <ktolli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the top post. (BlackBerry)
>
> I worked with Scott and Ermal a while today on an em issue. Ermal was able to
> improve the situation some, but it is still not resolved. I had to bail on
> him.
>
> Is anyone experiencing traffic to stop passing when these errors happen. My
> boxes are Supermicro with Intel gig NICs. They randomly start and stop
> passing traffic. Console is still functional when it happens.

As I recall, you're using the X7SPE-HF. My home system is an X7SPA-H,
which has the same NICs, and is almost entirely identical save for the
IPMI, I think. And yet, I have had no issue with traffic stopping,
just the mbuf leaks I had mentioned in the forum. Are you seeing the
same thing in one of the newer snaps with the Yandex em driver?

db