On 3/4/11 7:09 PM, Kevin Tollison wrote:

2 B5 was good until a month or so ago. Are you using any vlans?  I am beginning
to think it may be in vlans.

Don't use vlans. I tried upgrading with and without my packages (snort, country block, DNS blacklist, rate and notes) - same effect. I thought maybe it is FBSD 7.3 - but it does not make any logical sense for an earlier release to support the nics and ssd (I am on a TORQX ssd) and not a later release. Then I started suspecting the ssd.

Cuz, here is an observation, I had to reboot a few times for the BIOS to see the drive. My config is simple - 32 gb SSD, 4 GB RAM, D510 MB. No other devices. I am booting off an external USB DVD drive. I can get the drive to be seen it I pull the power plug. This MB has IPMI and suspect that other cpu is humming at power off. Have not logged into the IPMI processor.

Mehma