Hi Seth,

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Seth Mos <seth....@dds.nl> wrote:

> Op 6-3-2011 23:26, Bao Ha schreef:
>
>  Hi Bart,
>>
>> Thanks for the note.
>>
>> According to the forum, it should not be a problem. :-(
>>

> It is not.

I have had three systems with corrupted flash memory: two with the Kingston
4GB Elite Pro, one with a 4GB flash drive.

>  When we first got the reports of corrupted CFs, we just overnighted new
>> ones. Then, those died shortly, within a week or two. We replaced a
>> complete system: systemboard, memory and CF.
>>

> Why are you shipping cheap CF cards without wear levelling?

We used to offer a choice of CF or DOM.The DOM has industrial-strength
wear-leveling. It was also better since in the early days, our systemboards
choked on DMA with faster CF cards. Nobody wants DOM!

I did not rule out that Kingston's quality may have dropped significantly.
If that is the case, I'll switch to a different brand name.

I have run a full install on a Lexar 1GB CF for over 4 years before the CF
> card died.
>
> I've also run into the "CF without wear levelling" issue. Get a proper CF
> card.

We have been shipping more than a thousand systems with Kingston CF since
2006 with no corrupted flash memory.

What ever killed the two Kingston Elite pro 4GB CFs within two weeks will
also kill a DOM or industrial CF, maybe not in weeks or months, but probably
within a year.

Bao