On 3/10/11 11:33 AM, Chris Buechler wrote:
Based on your screenshot, that has no relevance. The screenshot shows
you're booting from CD, likely a USB CD drive, which is slow
initializing and you need to pick the "boot from USB" option at the
first boot menu.
To be clear: When I boot off a live pf123 cd, the install happens smoothly. When I stick a pf RC1 cd in, the install gets stuck at the screenshot. To me, that has relevance and I believe the system is mis-naming the hard drive and not seeing it. BIOS sees it.

BEFORE
Before finding the possible cause, I've tried multiple permutations of disk drives, 32 and 64 bit versions of pf RC1 and two upgrade paths - unsuccessfully. There is something either in the new pf install process or this particular hardware that is not right. Since I am not hearing much noise on the message boards, I believe it to be a hardware issue. Specifically, the issue may be that system is referring to a hard drive incorrectly. Hence the FreeBSD message board link in the previous message.

SOMETHING CHANGED
Oddly, last night a fresh 32 bit pf 123 install followed by an upgrade went smoothly. I just want to know what went wrong.

Mehma