On Jan 23 2011, Eero Aro wrote:

In my opinion, you can skip the on-going discussion about UHJ, it's more or
less academic. UHJ was developed in the 1980's, at the time when vinyl LP
and FM radio were the most important carriers. UHJ isn't needed anymore.

Unless, of course, you are a musician who wants to use vinyl (or even cassette!) for aesthetic reasons which is what's driving my re-looking into UHJ (ps Fons - nice analysis, very useful!). In fact, I'm only glad that there are no stereo cylinder players as I'm sure someone would want that too - see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171129

  Dave

But - you still need a decoder to decode the B-Format signals for the loudspeakers.

Eero Aro