Hi

The web site of the current mic manufacturers (SoundFieldLtd) say on their
web site:-
" Early SoundField prototype models were developed using Gerzon's theory in
conjunction with the National Research Development Corporation of Great
Britain and Calrec Audio. Chief Designer at Calrec, Ken Farrar, and
colleagues played a leading role in turning Gerzon's theory into a real
product and Ken Farrar's contribution was later recognised by his
appointment as a Fellow of the Institution of Electrical Engineers
(F.I.E.E.). In 1993, the company SoundField Ltd. was formed specifically to
manufacture and further develop the range of products and their application
in both stereo and multi-channel audio environments. SoundField Ltd. is the
owner of all patent and intellectual property rights relating to SoundField
Technology."

http://www.soundfield.com/company/company.php

Every Blessing

Tony

On
> Behalf Of Daniel Courville
> Sent: 24 September 2011 13:49
> To: Sursound
> Subject: [Sursound] SoundField: from Calrec to MBHO, what year?
>
> >From the Calrec web site
> <http://www.calrec.com/uk/support/pages/technicalassistance.aspx>, we
> learn that they stopped mic production in 1989.
>
> Does somebody know in what year SoundField caps production started at
MBHO?