1989 was when Steve Jagger, Ken Farrar and some of the other original
Calrec mob bought the company back from AMS.  They left the Soundfield with
AMS.

AMS had problems making the mike consistently.

When Soundfield Research took over, they dug Lynne out of retirement.  She
used to make the Soundfield capsules for me.  Though no longer a Yorkshire
virgin, she brought at least the capsule production back to its former,
Calrec, standard.

When she decided to retire for good, Soundfield Research transferred the
production jigs to MBHO.  This happened quite recently; 2006?

MBHO do a decent job with the capsules but final assembly & test is still
done in Wakefield.  MBHO capsules are the only ones with gold flashed mylar
diaphragms.  Apart from that, the capsule is exactly as I left it circa
1983 warts & all.

The SP200 uses a MBHO subcardioid capsule.

Info via YorkshireLeaks ..

Why do you ask, Daniel?