From: sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu [sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu] On Behalf
Of Robert Greene [gre...@math.ucla.edu]
Sent: 31 March 2012 03:35
To: Surround Sound discussion group
Subject: Re: [Sursound] Can anyone help with my dissertation please?

I am curious about this concept of revival of Ambisonics  in the past ten
years.

Is there really any commercially available Ambisonic material?

Is anyone actually selling higher order Ambisonic products?

I realize that of course anything at all can be implemented
on computers.

But suppose I wanted to hear say a decoded
version of UHJ recordings of the past?
(I can do this--I have a processor--but I mean for a person
outside the field). Could you do this by just pushing a few
buttons?

Is anyone out in the real world actually hearing any
Ambisonic material at all, people outside the group
of people interested in it in a serious quasi professional
(or really professional) way?

My impression is that the general public, even the audio public,
has never heard of it, even now. I think the revivial of interest
is mostly just among people like the people here.

Am I missing something?
Robert