On 10/11/2012 06:59 PM, Augustine Leudar wrote:
What about a forum ? I mean mailing lists are soooo 1980s - with a forum
you can easily see/search for earlier posts and topics ? Is such a
suggestion blasphemous ?

not at all. if a facebook group works for some people, by all means go ahead. it's not going to diminish the usefulness of this list.

the interesting question is (as usual) a technical one: how do i mirror and archive a facebook group conversation?

note the solipsistic "I" as opposed to some ephemeral "facebook inc." or whatever...

and how do i a facebook discussion _thread_ in my client application of choice without distracting blink?

as soon as someone answers these simple questions, i'm all gung-ho for facebook, because i'm a sucker for targetted advertising: yesterday, i ordered on ebay a rubber transmission belt for a 1970s EIKI 16mm film projector, and today, wherever i go, all adverts are about transmission belts. that's sublime :-D

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net