Hi,
I'm probably going use a motu ultralite soundcard with a mini pc with
stripped down windows or linux - I've already written my own software that
plays interleaved files so I don't need to buy any 3rd party software - I
was just curious to see what standalone devices were out there. The whole
system costs around £850 for 8 channels (without speakers) so is pretty
economical and as some one mentioned I can program not jsut the player but
the whole computer so that switches itself on off automatically at morning
and night so hopefully even the cleaner will never need to touch it. I
think Ill avoid the mini mac and osx though.
I think this is a good solution because the motu are very nice soundcards ,
so I am getting the same amount of channels as some of the players that
cost nearly 4000 euros for less than half the price and better D/A
conversion.
The Allen and Heath does look promising - but I just dont quite trust that
it would loop properly or that it would be simple enough for the staff to
operate (ie is there a loop function , if so do staff have to do anything
to activate it again once the units switched off and on again) . Until
someone on the list says "yep Ive used it - it works fine" I wouldnt want
to buy it over a system I know will work well. However otherwise I would
probably prefer a dedicated standalone device to using a computer.

07580951119

augustine.leudar.com