> Subject: Re: [Sursound] theatrical ambisonics
> To: sursound@music.vt.edu
>
> Iain Mott wrote:
>> I wonder if people on the list have
>> other references or links on ambisonics applied in theatrical

For a Carte Blanche Dance piece "Klunen" choreographed by Eva-Cecilie
Richardsen (2009)
I used live spatialisation of B-format (processed) field recordings and stereo
recordings
panned into B-format. The piece was "in the round" with a 4 channel square of
speakers
surrounding the audience and a smaller square of speakers in the middle
surrounding
the dancers. I could change the balance between these two squares which gave
nice
effects. Listening to a rig from outside worked suprisingly well, especially if
there were
moving sources. Unfortunately I can't find any documentation online!

best, Justin

Justin Bennett

jus...@justinbennett.nl
www.justinbennett.nl