Dave Malham wrote:

On 16 May 2013 18:54, Stefan Schreiber <st...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

I am aware that Dave Malham quite recently has written that head-tracking
wouldn't be a big deal, but I think otherwise. Didn't we talk about the
solutions from Smyth Research, some years ago?

Moi?? Not that I remember. It would be odd, given the fact that, for me,
it's essential otherwise stuff just seems to stick behind me, never coming
to the front...

   Dave

Sorry, this was a serious mis-read. My apologies!

Stefan

Been there, done that - albeit with other sensing technologies like the
earlier Polyhemus Tracker.  Then, of course, there was Jacques Poulin's
Potentiometre d'Espace  which was used to project Schaeffer's musique
concrete into space back in the early 50's - and even I am too young to
have actually heard that!  What I have found is that the movement of sounds
(particularly in towards the centre) just based on sonic perception - i.e.
without any visual feedback - is very difficult to control properly because
muscle memory is not good enough without a lot of rehearsal.

  Dave

On 5 May 2013 02:57, Iain Mott <m...@reverberant.com> wrote:

Em Sáb, 2013-05-04 às 17:46 -0400, Matthew Palmer escreveu:

> http://vimeo.com/65229978#at=5
>
> imagine using the oculus & a kinect to be able to assign 3 directional
> information to sounds to make music, virtual speakers corresponding to
real