--On 05 November 2013 21:41 +0100 David Worrall <worr...@avatar.com.au> wrote:

John or me? - I'm sending it straight to a Tascam DR-640.

David

On 05/11/2013, at 4:30 PM, Moritz Fehr wrote:

Hi all,

what other preamps (portable?) are you using with your TetraMic ? I have
tested it with a Motu Traveler which is not bad, and an Edirol R44,
which is quite noisy.

Taking the query as open, I currently use a Tascam DR-680 most of the time, though sometimes I use the Traveler. I've not done a direct noise comparison, but I think the Traveler is slightly quieter. I've also modded my Tascam with much larger smoothing capacitors on the phantom supplies; I've not found a big change with the TetraMic, but some people have had major problems using some mics without the mod.

Info on the mod I did, and the possible need for it, is here:
<http://www.audiomastersforum.net/amforum/index.php/topic,8551.msg77164.html#msg77164>

Paul

--
Paul Hodges