I had a look, but I have a few problems..
I don't seem able to play 1a.
The test is not blind as the curious, like me, can see the file names in the source.
The Longcat eg.1b is the clear winner.
I cannot force myself to listen to that much filtered noise - it seems pointless and unpleasant!

I have converted one of your files from Soundcloud to binaural (2x2 convolution with my Dummy head IRs):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1iyum6zosl6o70/Paul%20Dirks%20-%20Johnny%27s%20Sky%20binaural.mp3

Regards,
David.