Greetings.

I am familiar with mid-side and Blumlein figure-of-eight recording
techniques, as well as how to matrix the signals to transform between them.
For playback, usually I see a transformation into stereo.

However, I have a strong need for a center mono channel much of the time
(video conferencing).  From listening tests I have concluded that one
centered loudspeaker above the video display sounds better throughout the
conference room than dual mono from loudspeakers mounted to the sides of
the display.

My question pertains to play back to a three speaker setup (left, center,
right)...would it be most correct to send the 'mid' signal directly to a
center speaker and the 'side' signal to speakers left and right, phase
inverted from each other?

Note, at this time I have a two channels transmission limit on my system,
so B-format is not an option presently.

Thanks for any thoughts on this. I have enjoyed many threads on this list.

Regards,
JQ