Well, this could become a thing if enough people are interested: I’ve been
researching locations and so far, the leading paid-for contender is the Menuhin
Hall at Cobham, in Surrey. Reasonably easy to get to, on-site parking, nice
acoustics and an offer of a deal from the manager. I did ask Air Lyndhurst
(£3,200 for a ten hour day) and Henry Wood Hall (£1,800 for the same) so both
well out the running, but The Menuhin Hall looks affordable, probably less than
£1,000 with the use of their piano, less than £600 without and I’ll put up some
of the cost if I can find a few other institutions do chip in. I’ll approach
the Association of Sound Designers, who will be providing the Neumann Head and
the Sennheiser simulated surround thing (I can never remember what it’s called)
and the IPS to see if their members are up for it and if they might like to put
a few quid into the pot.

I’m looking at late July, early August at the moment and what would help at
this stage, is a better idea of who might like to come, so probably best if it
happens off-list for the time being, to avoid clutter.

Drop me a note and I’ll take it from there.

Thanks,

John

Please note new email address & direct line phone number
email: j...@johnleonard.uk
phone +44 (0)20 3286 5942