Just a little point here. I thought the amount of movement ones head can
cover vertically is more than it can cover in any other plane. This is
obviously not including moving the rest of the body at the same time. This
being so, and generally having the ground for reflections, it allows us to
work out any confusion. Especially coupled with a slight tilt.
Surely hearing what is below is very important, probably more than above,
and as such there must be an important mechanism to determine it.

Best

Steve